Volleyball League Information
2018 Priority Summer Volleyball Registration (teams who played in our 2018 Spring Vball league) is closed
2018 NON priority Summer Volleyball Registration (teams who did NOT play in our 2018 Spring Vball League) is closed/full.
Available League Levels
ALL LEAGUES ARE 6 PERSON UNLESS STATED AS 4’S
- Open – Usually Power Level but Open to Anyone
- A Level – Power Level ( Pass. Set, Spike, Block, Dig, Consistently. Some Jump Serving)
- BB Level – Upper Intermediate Level (Not quite to Power)
- B Level – Intermediate Level (Pass, Set, Spike and Blocking)
- CC 1 Level –lower Intermediate Level (Setting the Ball Up, Some spiking)
- CC 2 Level -a bit-lower Intermediate Level (Starting to Set the Ball Up)
- C Level – Working on the Basics trying to set the ball up on Consistent Basis
Interested in becoming a referee?
Send us a Message from the About Page.
Spring LEAGUE BEGINS April 8th, 2018. (WEATHER PERMITTING)*
CANCELLED GAMES ARE NOT RESCHEDULED.
SINCE VOLLEYBALL IS A SEASONAL & WEATHER PERMITTING ACTIVITY, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR REGISTRATION FEES IF 75% OF GAMES ARE PLAYED PER SEASON. GAMES NOT INCLUDED ON THE SCHEDULES DUE TO HOLIDAYS ARE NOT INCLUDED AS A REFUNDABLE GAME. REFUNDS FOR LEAGUE FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED DUE TO DROP OUTS AFTER SCHEDULES ARE MADE AND POSTED.
Games can not be rescheduled for later dates/times. All games must take place during your scheduled time slot and all games must be officiated by a Mama Gs referee. Teams are free to schedule a make up game during non league hours & use Mama Gs courts to play, but these scores will not be used in standings and one team must accept the forfeit.
DURING A THUNDERSTORM, ALL PLAYERS, STAFF, AND SPECTATORS WHOM ARE CONCERNED WITH INDIVIDUAL SAFETY MUST BE A PART OF EVALUATING THE DANGER AND TAKING SHELTER. PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR CONCERNS AS OUR REFEREES FACE ONLY ONE DIRECTION AND ARE MOSTLY BLIND TO APPROACHING WEATHER CONDITIONS. GAMES WILL MOST LIKELY RESUME WHEN THE DANGER OF LIGHTENING IS GONE. MATCH DURATION AND SCORING WILL BE ADJUSTED TO ACCOMMODATE DISRUPTIONS CAUSED BY WEATHER. ALL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN WELL BEING DURING SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS AND IT WILL NOT BE COUNTED AGAINST YOUR TEAM IF YOU REMOVE YOURSELF OR YOUR TEAM FROM A GAME DUE TO CONCERN.
WEATHER LINE: 763-220-2330
ADD US ON FACEBOOK TO CHECK UPDATES ON WEATHER
Volleyball League Rules
Leagues governed by the current USA Volleyball Regulations with the following exceptions and additions.
- Each match will have 3 games, weather permitting, with standings tabulated by games played, including forfeits.
- Games played to 25 points, win by 2, with a 27 point cap. Third game won by team ahead by 2 points at the end of regulation. Time of regulation determined by schedule, usually 55 or 60 minutes.
- Forfeit Policy: 10 minute grace period after game’s scheduled start time with a point a minute penalty to actively FIELD A TEAM. After that 10 minutes, first game is forfeited. Team will then have 15 more minutes to field a team. Not enough players, match is forfeited.
- Playoff Forfeit Policy:5 minute grace period from scheduled start time or court availability with a point a minute penalty. After that 5 minutes, first game forfeited. Team then has 10 more minutes to field a team. Not enough players, match forfeited.
- If a team knows it will not show up at all, they must notify Mama G’s and the opposing team captain.
- All net contact is a fault.
- In coed leagues: A team can play with one more male player than female players. Teams with 4 men and 2 women are not allowed. When ball is played more than once by a team, a female player shall make at least one of the contacts.
- It is a fault for a player to enter or contact an adjacent court during play. Player safety is a primary concern.
- No drinking or smoking on the courts. Tables, drink holders under referee’s stands and ashtrays provided. Please use.
- Good sportsmanship is required at all times.
- All players and patrons need to give complete respect to the employees and property of Mama G’s, and to all referees. Disrespect is cause for request to leave or removal from property.
- Any player ejected from a game will be suspended from the next two matches.
- League participants must be 21 years of age.
- Warm up area is by basketball court. Please have teams ready to play at scheduled game time.
MamaG’s appreciates those players who participate on multiple teams or leagues. Mama G’s also acknowledges during playoffs this creates roster and scheduling problems. Therefore the following rules shall apply. If a player is on multiple teams in a league, that player has to declare the one team he/she will play with before playoffs start. If a player is playing in more than one league on the same night, said player must find a legal substitute, so as to not delay playoff schedule. Schedule will be adhered to and forfeit policy enforced. Player protests must be made before start of match or before a late arriving player plays a point to be considered, not during or after a match.
All of your substitutes must be included on your roster at the time of registration. All players must have played at least one time throughout the season to participate in playoffs.